Sunday, December 19, 2010

'ASPIRIN SUPER-MAGNIFIED'

GENRE:MEDICINE's first post is about ASPIRIN or  DISPRIN as most of the people know aspirin by its brand or market name which is 'disprin' a common pain relieving and an anticoagulant drug with easy availability at all drug stores in PAKISTAN.....ASPIRIN (DISPRIN) is an analgesic or pain relieving,anti-inflammatory,antipyretic and an anticoagulant drug.....finding its application as a pain reliever,an anticoagulant and also finds its administration in patients with myocardial infarction and in those who are the victims of stroke......the force that made me write about it ;is actually one of its adverse effects and it is the REYE'S SYNDROME.....which is often a fatal,fulminating hepatitis with cerebral edema.......and its cause is unknown ..why it happens with aspirin intake in viral diseases especially in fever and the children become the victim of it....so children must not be given aspirin especially suffering from fever under the age of 12......the drugs like ACETAMINOPHEN or PARACETAMOL must be preferred.....


  I am writing about aspirin(DISPRIN) in a rhyming fashion starting from its mainline actions....its dosage....and finally its adverse effects...... in an easier way with some urdu-english fusion.....so that everyone can understand.....as its  for PAKISTANIS  only....and also I don't disown URDU...those who can't understand can google the translation of it.....

I know writing about medicine in an interesting,lively and in a rhyming fashion is like an attempt to make a clear solution of pebbles in water....but I hope it would be helpful for the non-medical individuals and hope they don't find it something boring......so here we go



                                        ASPIRIN SUPER-MAGNIFIED


I am aspirin super-magnified
simply standard certified


take a listen to my dastaan
I am surely and meticulously made in PAKISTAN


most popular amongst amma,daadi and taa'ee
in urdu terminology they call me sar dard kee dawa'ee


I mostly come as DISPRIN and its the msh'hoor market-loving name of the brand
easily available at all drug stores and islamic international medical college's pharmacology lab


I act like rawalpindi GHQ's mega plan against prostaglandins mediated inflammation
I inhibit inflammation in arthritis by diminishing the prostaglandins formation


I provide pain relief or analgesia like lahore's hospitality and karachi lights
and finally like rawalpindi/islamabad's serenity and peaceful breeze at night


I lower down body's temperature against fever to defeat
by impeding prostaglandins E2's synthesis and release


at low doses I inhibit thromboxane A2's production in platelets irreversibly
I am officially an anticoagulant if speaking stringently


mein dard bhga'oon jaldi if my two 325mg tablets are administered four times daily
I provide enhanced efficacy with 12 to 20 tablets per day for effects including both analgesic  and anti-inflammatory


my adverse effects which are especially a khatray kee ghantee
include gastrointestinal bleeding,prolonged bleeding time and reye's syndrome most importantly





15 comments:

  1. Heiiii great work Summ =D!!
    way to go =D =D!
    i seriously didnt know it was your very own blog...i thought you just posted a link...thats it..=p
    just noticed ;) aaaa'la hai =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesum Awesum.... great work sumaiya.....cha gai ho....:DDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank u ..thank u tabinda yaar.....means alot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats called creative writing sweet sis.......I am glad to find out you that much closer to your free lance writing career...thats quite informative in a interestingness way.....lay man like me can also enjoy it...as you know I am not into these type of stuff.. but still I am loving it...keep it up....Now I am waiting for your next up coming item sweetie.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great..you are so0 talented..i love this poem..and can't wait to read more stuff like this..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Loved it!
    You should re-write that entire Lang/Lippincott Pharmacology this way. Atleast, i won't flunk.

    Up and ready for the next. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very creative
    ive never come across medical stuff in form of poems :P!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUMAIYA THIS Z REALLY GREAT STUFF!!!
    keep up wd da good work girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. finally i can comment :p :p awesome post hai :p :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its really nice...And really important facts...!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnificent rhymes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant....keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much everyone for the appreciation

    ReplyDelete